February 26, 2009
An American Eagle passenger jet landed safely at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport today after an alarm was triggered and passengers reported smelling smoke.
Flight 3890 out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, made an emergency landing shortly after 1 p.m., and fire trucks surrounded the plane after it landed.
Officials said a sensor indicated smoke in the cargo compartment, said Jamie Morrison, a CNN producer who was on the plane.
American Airlines flight 2461 also issued an alert on Thursday after smoke was reported and landed safely at the airport.
Fort Worth Real Estate
- Restaurants Get On Board With Texas Smoking Ban
- Fort Worth History
- American Eagle plane makes emergency landing at D/...
- Dallas - Fort Worth Foreclosures for 2008
- Plans to divide stimulus money among Fort Worth-ar...
- Comedian Lily Tomlin brings her tour to Fort Worth...
- Live local Fort Worth music for Feb. 27-March 5
- Koi turn up dead in Fort Worth Japanese Garden aft...
- Dallas-Fort Worth home prices slide, but not as ba...
- Dallas-Fort Worth area to have new warning guideli...
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2008 (24)