A potential statewide ban on indoor smoking is finding new support -- from North Texas restaurants.
Restaurant owners say a statewide ban would simplify confusion over the patchwork of different local ordinances.
Jerry Walker, president of the Greater Dallas Restaurant Association, lobbied lawmakers in Austin for a statewide law.
"When you can go to one city and have another set of rules in another city, it does affect business," he said.
Gov. Rick Perry opposes to a statewide ban, but Texas lawmakers are considering one.
Fort Worth Entertainment
Fort Worth Real Estate
- Restaurants Get On Board With Texas Smoking Ban
- Fort Worth History
- American Eagle plane makes emergency landing at D/...
- Dallas - Fort Worth Foreclosures for 2008
- Plans to divide stimulus money among Fort Worth-ar...
- Comedian Lily Tomlin brings her tour to Fort Worth...
- Live local Fort Worth music for Feb. 27-March 5
- Koi turn up dead in Fort Worth Japanese Garden aft...
- Dallas-Fort Worth home prices slide, but not as ba...
- Dallas-Fort Worth area to have new warning guideli...
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2008 (24)