Thursday, February 26, 2009

Comedian Lily Tomlin brings her tour to Fort Worth’s Bass Hall

By JOY TIPPING / The Dallas Morning News


Is 69 the new 39?


"In my case it certainly is," says 69-year-old Lily Tomlin with a laugh. "I've got the same energy as when I was 39, but with a lot more experience.


"A lot." Tomlin, in a recent phone interview, says she has "never stopped touring, never. I've always had an act. I do 40 or 50 dates in a year; I fit them in between whatever else I have going on." She'll bring the current tour to Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth tonight.


Although her career has ranged from stand-up comedy to television and Tony Award-winning theater to Oscar-nominated film work, she says she needs to stay in touch with her fans, and comedy's the best way to do that. "They're like a big family to me, and I have to keep my hand in. Plus, I love to work on the stage more than anything else."


Full Story

No comments: