May 14, 2009 By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
The number of Dallas-Fort Worth area homes scheduled for foreclosure next month jumped by almost a third from a year ago.
But foreclosure filings inched down a bit from the record highs recorded last month.
More than 5,000 homes in the four-county area are threatened with foreclosure at next month's auctions, a rise of 31 percent from a year ago, Addison-based Foreclosure Listing Service said Thursday.
The biggest jumps were in Tarrant and Collin counties, where the volume has risen about 40 percent since last June.
Fort Worth Real Estate
- Major Events Put Fort Worth On World Stage
- Dallas, Fort Worth gas prices edge up
- The Road Warrior: Wise County gets $37 million for...
- DFW schools' later closing dates cause headaches
- North Texas will have to rely on state for road fu...
- Rise in Tarrant County property values puzzles som...
- Dallas-area home foreclosure filings jump 31% from...
- Texas state parks to celebrate National Get Outdoo...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2008 (24)