May 29, 2009
Any time is a good time to head outside to hike, camp, backpack, picnic and enjoy other recreational pursuits, but Saturday, June 13, has been designated National Get Outdoors Day to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun.
As a part of the second annual GO Day, more than two dozen Texas state parks are joining federal agencies, nonprofit organizations and recreation industry leaders throughout the nation in hosting a variety of outdoor recreational activities and special events to mark the day.
On the outskirts of San Antonio, for example, Government Canyon State Natural Area is inviting the public to join volunteers for an 8 a.m. guided hike on one of the many canyonland trails. In addition, reservations are being accepted to attend a presentation by an expert in First Aid and CPR on how to hike safely in hot weather with your four-legged companion. "Hot Dogs-Tips on Summer Hiking With Your Pet" will be held from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Call (210) 688-9055, ext. 291 to reserve your spot.
Fort Worth Real Estate
- Major Events Put Fort Worth On World Stage
- Dallas, Fort Worth gas prices edge up
- The Road Warrior: Wise County gets $37 million for...
- DFW schools' later closing dates cause headaches
- North Texas will have to rely on state for road fu...
- Rise in Tarrant County property values puzzles som...
- Dallas-area home foreclosure filings jump 31% from...
- Texas state parks to celebrate National Get Outdoo...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2008 (24)