The Powerball and Mega Millions nationwide lottery games will launch their partnership this weekend. The largest lottery agreement in U.S. history creates the largest market ever for jackpot games.
On January 31st, the Texas Lottery will start selling Powerball tickets across the state.
Players here in the Lone Star State will have their first chance to win in the Powerball drawing on Wednesday, February 3.
Powerball joins the already-popular Mega Millions game in Texas. "We are excited to add Powerball to our mix of games, and we welcome the new states to Mega Millions," Texas Lottery Commission Deputy Executive Director Gary Grief said in a press release. "As the number of people playing both games increases, we could see jackpots rising higher and faster than ever before."
To mark the introduction of Powerball to Texas, the Texas Lottery is planning special Customer Appreciation Days at stores throughout the state during February.
Check your lottery results anytime at cbs11tv.com/lottery
Fort Worth Real Estate
- Restaurants find Tarrant County to be a hot market...
- Ex-Hicks partner sues over Rangers property sale
- Barnett Shale air study to be released today
- Fort Worth district suspends contract after crash
- Give me land! Multicultural Western museum Fort Wo...
- Remodeled armory will house Fort Worth Police/Gang...
- Dirt flies on $3.47 million Lake Worth city facili...
- Hundreds Line Up To See Joel Osteen In Waxahachie
- FW Seminary Acquires Dead Sea Scroll Fragments
- Powerball Lottery Comes To Texas January 31st
- Storm Moves Through North Texas
- Upgrade ahead for Fort Worth passenger rail line
- North Texans hunker down for an even colder night ...
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (24)